Are you storm-ready?
Living in Florida is a such a wonderful experience with all of the lush trees and beaches nearby. However, we all know that Florida is also subject to Tropical Storms and Hurricanes every year, which is why it is so important to be Storm-Ready every year. We can help with that! Take a look at some of the information below and see if your trees are ready in the unfortunate event of a storm.
Pruning your trees
Pruning is the most common tree maintenance procedure. United Tree Service uses ISA standard z133 for structural pruning specifications for Crown Cleaning, Crown Thinning, Crown Raising, and Vista Pruning based on the desired end result. Forest trees grow quite well with little or no pruning but in landscape situations, pruning is often desirable or necessary to remove dead branches, improve tree structure, enhance vigor, and even maintain safety.
YOUNG TREES: Structural pruning principles are used with young trees or for a tree that has not been pruned in many years. If young trees are trained properly by pruning to promote good structure, they will likely remain serviceable in the landscape for a longer period of time. Defects can be removed, a single, dominant leader can be selected, and branches can be well spaced along the main trunk. These trees have a lower potential for structural failure at maturity and require less maintenance later on.
MATURE TREES: There are a number of factors United Tree Service considers when pruning mature trees. These include the site; time of year; and the species, size, growth habit, vitality, and maturity of the tree. The amount of live tissue that should be removed depends on the tree size, species, and age, as well as the pruning objectives. In mature trees, the removal of diseased, broken, or dead branches encourages proper wound closure which is crucial to preventing decay-producing fungi from penetrating and infecting other areas of the tree.
look at your trees regularly
How often do you look at your trees? Do you see splits and/or cracks? Are there bore holes or seeping sap coming from the tree? These could be indicators that your tree is hazardous. After inspection by our trained arborist, United Tree Service can either prune the tree for you or completely remove the tree in question.
REMOVAL: Tree removal is a necessary part of arboriculture and one that United Tree Service executes professionally and safely. Removals can also be useful in eliminating competition for light and space so that the remaining plants are better able to grow and thrive. Our goal is, and has always been, to provide services that keep trees healthy, but there are instances when removal is the best alternative for the property and homeowner. In either case, our arborists are highly trained to work safely and efficiently in all tree removals. We provide thorough clean-up of debris and strive to minimize the impact to surrounding vegetation.
Call an expert
United Tree Service uses a certified arborist to evaluate your trees and scope of work when giving a free estimate or performing a consultation. There are a lot of companies out there in which to choose. Here are a few things to consider when selecting tree service company for your situation:
- Make sure they are licensed and insured. If something goes wrong on your property, the company if insured, will absorb that claim not your homeowner's insurance. Have the tree service company produce a copy of their license and insurance before signing any contract for work to be done.
- Look for a company that has references. Ask for references up front. Ask if you can call the past clients and speak to them. A reputable tree service company will be able to produce those names, locations, and phone numbers if needed.
- Take a look at the workers. Are they drug tested and have a background check completed? Ask the question. In today's day and age, these are huge bonuses for a business and homeowner which in turn allows for a job that becomes worry-free.
- Do they own their own equipment? Companies that are financially stable typically have their own equipment - consistent and professional logos on their vehicles and equipment. This is a good indicator of a group that takes pride in their work, has a valid company, and can perform the work you need completed.
- Ask if the company has a certified arborist that will evaluate your trees/property when giving you an estimate or consultation.
Why United Tree Service?
Don't settle for just anyone caring for your trees. As mentioned above we pride ourselves in owning a business that is customer-satisfaction-oriented making sure you are completely satisfied with the work completed. In regards to the items mentioned above:
- We are licensed and fully insured.
- We have references available upon request.
- Our crew is drug tested,background screened, and dress professionally on each job.
- We own our own equipment.
- We have certified arborists on our team!
If you are getting estimates... Let our be one of them!
Click here to learn more about the arborist profession.